Due to increased concerns regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and in the interest of the health of our staff and community, Arizona Project WET will be offering online learning and virtual events only until further notice. Effective March 14, 2020.
Arizona Project WET Academies provide the support that teachers need to adopt instructional practices that encourage students to apply their learning; developing ideas, designing solutions, and delivering positive change. We partner with school districts to plan and deliver targeted professional development and provide teachers with support they need.
We Address Topics that are Important NOW!
- Where does our water come from?
- How do we manage our water?
- How can we effectively reuse and conserve water?
- What are our water quality challenges and how can we address them?
- How do we plan for water sustainability?
- How is water connected to energy and food production?
We Help Teachers Develop Student-driven Instruction
As a result of our Academies, students will think critically; gain deeper understanding; and evaluate, prioritize, and apply knowledge to find solutions. APW Teacher Academies help teachers meet the 3 dimensional learning demands of the new Arizona Science Standards.
Long-Term Impacts of APW Teacher Academies:
- Arizona citizens understand the science of water and the sources available and use this information to motivate and support personal and community-level decision-making.
- Arizona citizenry is involved in creative problem-solving and innovation in order to manage natural resources for social, environmental, and economic well-being.
- Arizonans understand the value of water and use it purposefully and responsibly.
Visit our professional development website for a full list of all statewide workshops and academies and you can also register to attend an event.